Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is professional antivirus scanner. Not only does it scan, but Bitdefender Antivirus Plus also constantly monitors your computer for malware and other problems.
See the list of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus features below for more information on what Bitdefender Antivirus Plus can do.
Below is my review of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. You can find some basic details of the program as well as a link to download and purchase Bitdefender Antivirus Plus.
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus Details
- Supported operating systems:
- Download size: 7 MB
- Current price: $39.95
- Purchase link: Buy Bitdefender Antivirus Plus (1 PC, 1 year subscription)
- Trial available: Try Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
- (here's a direct link to the trial to avoid entering your email into the Bitdefender website)
Features of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
- Bitdefender Safepay opens private pages like banking websites into a dedicated, secure browser to ensure no one can grab your password and sign on to your account
- A security widget to drag and drop files to for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus to quickly scan
- The active virus control feature monitors running processes and helps identify suspicious ones
- Can boot into what's called Rescue Mode to remove viruses that won't while Windows is running
- Automatically finds other antivirus software you have installed and prompts you to remove them so as not to cause system issues
- Scans links on the Internet to help identify malicious or phishing websites
- Vulnerability scanner checks for outdated Windows patches that could cause problems if not installed
- Very quick and uses little memory and CPU power
- Remote management to control Bitdefender Antivirus Plus from away from your computer
- Can create a security report of your computer over the past week to include what Bitdefender Antivirus Plus found and removed
- Autopilot is a feature that makes decisions for you so you can leave Bitdefender Antivirus Plus alone to do everything for you
- Protects USB devices
- Wallet keeps all your passwords in a secure vault and automatically logs you into your websites
- Online privacy protection
- Encrypts chat conversations in Yahoo! Messenger
- Run a quick scan or system scan with the antivirus engine
If you're looking for portable programs, see my list of portable antivirus scanners.
Installing Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Bitdefender Antivirus Plus requires an Internet connection to download the necessary installer files. The setup file is small, but then the setup files must use the Internet to gather the rest of the setup files.
Installation may take quite awhile since Bitdefender Antivirus Plus scans your computer before actually beginning the install. After the scan, it finishes downloading the necessary components and then starts to install. The whole process took about 15 for me.
Now enter your Bitdefender Antivirus Plus license key in the proper place and click Register Now to continue.
Follow through the installer of Bitdefender Antivirus Plus to complete it, like turning Autopilot and/or Game Mode on or off.
You'll have the opportunity to sign on to your Facebook, Google, Microsoft, or MyBitdefender account during setup to turn on anty-theft protection, parental control, and 24/7 support. You can skip this step if you wish so you can fill it out later.
Customize Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Now that you've set up Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, you can start configuring settings and scan your PC for viruses.
From the settings, you can adjust how Bitdefender Antivirus Plus performs it's on-access scanning and virus control. Choose Aggressive for advanced security when scanning and the same setting for virus control so you get alerted when Bitdefender Antivirus Plus thinks it found something malicious.
If you're worried about viruses, it's important to enable the aggressive options to ensure you can notified about everything.
Sometimes having Bitdefender Antivirus Plus scan USB drives can get annoying. I recommend choosing to scan USB devices on a per-device basis. What I mean is that you should adjust the settings to scan USB devices with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus only when you decide to.
Do this from the settings under Exclusions for when it will Scan USB devices. Just select Ask every time to enable this option.
A super quick way to speed up Bitdefender Antivirus Plus is to exclude certain file types from scanning. Things like text documents and images don't necessarily need to be scanned.
Side Note: If you're not sure if you should scan JPG, TXT, PNG, and other files types, just leave this settings alone.
You can disable this from the same screen as the USB scanning setting, under Exclusions for files and Excluded extensions. Just make sure you choose to turn on the setting on the top right.
Scan For Viruses With Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
Scanning for viruses is super simple with Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. Simply right-click a file or folder and choose to scan with Bitdefender.
You can also start a virus scan from the main screen under the item called ANTIVIRUS. Just select how you want to scan and then Bitdefender Antivirus Plus will start the scan you've chosen.
Another easy way to start a scan is to use the Security Widget on the desktop. Just drag something into the widget to start a scan immediately.
I really liked using Bitdefender Antivirus Plus. It's super easy to use and contains many awesome tools, as you read in the features list above.
The Security Widget is very handy so you don't have to open the whole Bitdefender Antivirus Plus program to scan just one file or folder.
Overall, I'd say it's worth the money. You get an always-running antivirus program that can protect USB devices, your usernames and passwords, and banking information, while also providing support for removing viruses through Rescue Mode.