What good is your music collection if you can only listen to it on your computer? If you have a Chromecast, you can throw your whole iTunes collection (or any other music files) to your TV using the free VLC program.
VLC is great for casting not only music but also videos. The steps below are specific to casting your iTunes folder, but follow these steps if you want to watch movies on your TV with VLC.
How to Send Music to Your Chromecast From Your Desktop
- Download and install the latest version of VLC.
- Go to the Playback > Renderer menu in VLC like you see in the screenshot above, and choose your Chromecast from the list.
- Open the music you want to play on your TV. If you're going to stream iTunes music, go to Media > Open Folder... and select "C:\Users\<username>\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media" as the folder.
- Choose Select Folder to import all of those songs into VLC.
- Now just hit play or use the shuffle button to start playing those songs on your TV.